Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween Costume: Toon Link

I didn't waste my time carving a video game jack-o-lantern this year because I don't live anywhere near civilization so I made my four-year-old a video game costume on the cheap and quick out of stuff on hand and things from Walmart (Well I did the accessories anyway.) It's going to sound ghetto as shit but it turned out well.

This is Wind Waker Link with Master Sword and Mirror Shield. The foam sword is from the store. I modified the body of the pommel and hilt with double ply foam board wings then covered it with blue duct tape. The shield is double ply foam board. The pattern went on with transfer paper which I then traced with puff paint to make it raised and visible. I spray painted over the whole surface with metallic silver paint and then put pieces of blue duct tape around the whole edge. I hand painted the Triforce with gold Testers paint. The belt buckle is just foam board and duct tape.