Friday, September 28, 2007

Back to School

Back to fucking retarded bullshit.

I go to the San Francisco Academy of Art University and they keep on screwing me over. More on this later. First, an anecdote.

There’s this guy in my Thursday Alias 3D modeling class. Son of a bitch I hate Alias! You can’t just use the program. Every single execution involves some ridiculously circuitous fatality input.

Me: “Teacher, I can’t get this surface to revolve. I held down Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Tab+Space bar+Page Down+F8+Num Lock+W like you said.”

Teacher: It’s not Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Tab+Space bar+Page Down+F8+Num Lock+W, it’s Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Tab+Space bar+Page Down+F8+*Backspace*+W.

AutoDesk products suck ‘cause they expect you to memorize a bunch of command shit. I don’t have to hold down 20 buttons in the correct sequence to move my card when I’m playing solitaire. Why don’t they just have us model things in Dos prompt? This is off topic. About this guy, have you ever been in a class where you’re struggling and then there’s someone in the same class that makes it look like it’s as easy as falling down stairs? Every time we do an assignment he turns in something about 20 times more complicated than what he was asked of. Seriously, if we ever get told to model a human being, he would probably spend a lot of time putting hairs on their ass or wax in their ears, maybe some dandruff. He has clearly had experience with this program before. When someone asks a question about something in class, (directed at the teacher), he finds it very hard to not respond. Shut the fuck up! No one asked you and you’re not teaching this class. I’m still trying to figure out *why* he’s taking this class and I can come up with three answers:

1. This is the one and only class he’s taking this semester and after it’s over every Thursday he spends the entire rest of the week at home really getting off on reading the Alias Studiotools book and using the program because it’s just so much fucking fun.

2. He failed the class last semester, is retaking it, and just looks smart to us noobs.

3. He already took a class on Alias and realized it’s the only thing he’s good at so he keeps taking it so he can show off and be an asshole.

Now that I’m done talking about Alias, let’s go back to being screwed by the school. When I say “I have to talk to the shit-heads tomorrow,” my mom and girlfriend know that I’m saying I’m going to call someone in AAU administration. I nicknamed them shit-heads because I have no reason to believe that their brains are not composed of fecal material. They always fuck everything up. Here’s a list of everything major over my time here I can come up with off of the top of my head.

Failed to register me for housing.
Failed to provide me with internet while in housing, (while enrolled in an online class.)
Failed to give me information about X Y Z.
Failed to register me for the correct classes.
Failed to register me for classes at all.
Failed to provide me with a locker.


The latter of the failures is an interesting story. I only have three days of classes a week. Please don’t let that confuse you into thinking I have a lot of free time. In fact my classes are so project intensive that I don’t really have time for anything else. I probably shouldn’t even be writing this right now. Anyway, the administrative building isn’t near where I live or go to class so going over there is a very time-consuming ordeal when you have a constant supply of all-encompassing homework. I don’t even feel comfortable taking the time to go grocery shopping which I can almost do across the street. In other words, going over there is going to be a rare event. I would have to do it though if I wanted a locker. Now lockers cost $20 to rent and I knew that some people had already acquired them There is by no means a shortage of lockers either. I put it off for as long as I could but the work piled up fast and I absolutely needed somewhere to store my projects and supplies in the building. I couldn’t carry all of my stuff on the bus anymore. I found some time to go down to administrations and asked for a locker. The girl at the desk said they weren’t selling them at that time, she didn’t know why, and she didn’t know when they would. Fuck AAU. OK fine. If you don’t want to sell me one I’ll just take one. The next day I bought a black combo lock that matches the ones on the lockers, found a locker without a lock, and bingo… free locker of my choosing. Maybe I’ll buy a legitimate one at some point but I don’t know *why* or *when*.

Here to stay until Evil Paul comes by with bolt cutters and all my stuff gets impounded.

I consider it reparations...